Thursday, May 22, 2008

raccoons II

I haven't caught any more in the past couple days. In short, the trap that I borrowed from the town of Cheverly pretty much sucks. Two nights ago I put chicken in there, and the raccoons waltzed in and ate it and left the trap unharmed. Last night, they ate the pancakes, and then somehow the trap tripped but there was no raccoon in there.

I have to keep telling myself they aren't outsmarting me.

My father, in his infinite wisdom, left the laundry room door open last night. The mother raccoon made another expedition upstairs this morning, scaring the hell out of my mom while she was blowdrying her hair. "I shrieked," she said. "She [the raccoon] looked surprised. I didn't realize they had expressions."

What's the new plan of action?
1. Fix the trap somehow
2. Get a new trap somehow
3. Figure A

No comments: